CLUB CRAFT AND EQUIPMENT
All equipment is stored in the downstairs shed. (Except a lot of our surf-skis which are kept at the Hout Bay yacht club) Please note that NOT all equipment is for general use. Certain craft especially Malibu boards are only to be used under certain supervision and conditions.
These are categorized into the following categories:
- PRIVATE BOARDS – these are generally all in a board bag and only to be used by its owner (feel free to ask about how you can get your own)
- COMPETITION BOARDS – these are our newest and best boards which we use solely for competitions.
- BOARDS WHICH ARE MARKED/ CATEGORIZED:
- A – This is for people who are considered capable of riding and paddling
- B – Used and loved board
- C – this is a general board and can be used by most qualified lifeguards and can be used for training by all members
- NIPPER BOARDS – these boards are slightly smaller and come in two sizes; 9.6 and 10.6 feet. There are foam boards only to be used by a Nipper. Nipper boards are stored in their separate rack and should not be mixed with the other boards
These are normally kept at Hout Bay Yacht Club, due to the fact that this is a far more comfortable place to learn and practice. The Llandudno surf tends to be very hard on craft in general and surf skis can damage easily.
BODY OR BOOGIE BOARDS
Are for nippers ONLY
There is a special rack for damaged craft that normally have ropes around them to indicate caution. Should you find damaged craft or damage it yourself, please report it to the craft officer, club captain or squad leader. We do expect wear and tear on our equipment, yet try and keep a close watch as they are not cheap. Ask if unsure.